The perils associated with making it to work on time are as unlimited as minutes on Jim’s shiny-new cell-phone plan. One particular morning, Jim decided to hit the snooze button one too many times and did not have time to brew his usual pot of high-caffeine coffee and perform his ritualistic consumption in front of the morning news programming.
“No problem,” Jim tried to subconsciously convince himself, “I’ll just go through the drive through at the closest coffee shop to the office.” As innocent as an idea as is seemed, Jim was in for a startling awakening that far superseded the alertness factor afforded to him by his morning Joe.
So, about 5 miles from the congested rat trap that is downtown Jacksonville on a busy workday morning, Jim spots the local Starbucks that is closest to his place of employment. Since Jim usually brews his own morning pot, the possibilities of the Starbucks menu send him into a virtual trance as he imagines what his choice will be. He eventually goes with the plain Americano, which is a blend of high-powered espresso and water, and was classically served to American soldiers in Italy during World War II who could not stomach drinking the concentrated espresso customarily served in Italy. Jim orders this drink with 3 extra shots of espresso in order to match his normal caffeine intake. When he gets to the window, he is terribly shocked by the $4.00 price of the simple coffee-based beverage, but begrudgingly pays this price, noting in his mind that this is a one-time occurrence.
During his mesmerized period of looking at the expanded drink menu, Jim unknowingly ran over a nail in the parking lot, and after returning to the freeway for the final 2-mile stretch before his exit to his office, the nail decides to exit from its hole, causing an immediate loss of tire pressure that results in Jim suffering a complete tire blowout at about 60 miles per hour. The trusty cupholder in Jim’s center console prevents the overpriced Americano from spilling, as Jim pulls over to the side of the road.
“No problem,” Jim again tries to convince himself, “I’ll just use the floor jack, throw on the spare, and be on my way.” Jim places his coffee on the hood of the car, sans lid, as he gets his aftermarket 3-ton best racing floor jack out of the trunk, along with his spare tire. His tire is changed in no time.
Jim finishes up, releases the pressure on the jack, and throws the punctured tire and the jack back into the trunk. He then gets to the front door and notices his coffee cup on the ground, tipped over, with coffee running down the hood and side of his car. He thinks of his $4.00 spent on the drink and becomes quite disappointed.
It is at this point that Jim resolves to his own conscious mind that he will never betray his morning ritual pot of coffee and early news programming ever again.
Caffeine has been a homely drug used by many people. Coffee is the best way of getting caffeine into your body. It has been the energy drink in the morning for many people across the globe. Working women especially have coffee as their morning drink. Apart from giving energy boost to you, caffeine has many more advantages which not many coffee lovers know. Here is a sneak peek into the caffeine magic!
It eases the withdrawal symptoms of a person which develop overnight. It is commonly observed in people who drink coffee have tremendous energy after they have their first cup of the day.
Caffeine has a tendency of easing your blood vessels. This increases your blood circulation and also your blood pressure to an extent. The freshness which people experience after drinking coffee is due to this reason.
Your thought process is much faster after a cuppa. There is a relation between your body’s nervous system and caffeine. It stimulates the nerve cells in turn making them move faster in the body. This will help you in thinking clearly.
Blepharospasm is an eye disease which makes people blink their eye uncontrollably. This particular disorder is curbed thanks to caffeine.
There is a very small percentage of studies which have proven that caffeine is very helpful in treating breast cancer.
For all those who are into hardcore muscle building this one is for you. Caffeine helps you relax your muscles after a heavy work out.
Caffeine acts as an anitasthamatic drug. It is good for lings or the bronchial system.
Although there have been many theories about caffeine being a bad influence on your body, researches have proved that this is possible only in case of very high dosage of drugs. That comes up to 80-100 cups of coffee in very short period of time. The average dosage of caffeine is not more than 100-200mg which is very minimal. For this dosage one can observe various benefits like alertness, stimulation of mental activity, wakefulness and high focus.So always remember that caffeine is not bad to your body! So go have your cuppa to do some magic to your body.
Coffee is a distilled drink prepared by the roasted seeds of its plant, known as coffee beans. Due to the presence of caffeine content in it, this one contributes to many benefits to your health, especially the a cup of hot coffee. It is one of the most liked and loved beverages of the world. In fact, its a symbol of prestige and people who do not like the trendy tea often celebrate their parties with coffee. It has played a crucial role in many societies. The energizing effect of the coffee bean plant is thought to have been discovered from the northern region of Portugal. And thereafter it has expanded in the Arab world. Thus, in order to know the advantages of this coffee bean seed, have a look at this frame of review!!
How Hot Coffee Benefits our Health
Improves brain function- A cup of coffee in the morning perks your mood by stimulating your brain. Some moderate doses of this awesome beverage improves your mental alertness. It is beneficial on cognitive performance and protects the brain against the disorder of dementia. Thus, coffee drinkers are less likely to develop Alzheimer’s disease.
Speeds up metabolism- This boon is very supportive for those who are looking to lose their extra weight. Its hot form helps in increasing the rate of metabolism. Thus, taking coffee everyday is very good before leaving for a walk or going for doing exercise in the morning and evening. It is also believed to be low in calorie content.
Relieves from asthma- The caffeine content found in this drink dilates and opens up the airways for the patients of asthma or bronchitis. Experts suggest to give coffee to the severe sufferers of this problem. It is really helpful, especially in the case when an immediate medication is not possible.
Reduces cancer- Coffee has anti-cancer and anti-oxidant properties. It helps to reduce the chances of many types of cancer in your body. This immense relief is generated by the presence of the compound methylpyridinium. It is generally not found in the daily use food items. So, taking coffee provides the magic which inhibits the cancerous growth.
So, guys for the bloom and boom of your health, you can now rejoice and get relive with only a cup of hot coffee. Its gonna benefit you with a sparkling taste and a very good body system. Thus, take care and add this cup of pleasure to your diet!! However, don’t drink coffee daily, although caffeine has the ability to improve the surface of the skin, leaves the skin feeling soft and smooth, and also has a glowing after effect, but drink too much coffee can cause pimples or acne (http://www.pimplestap.com) from irritation and dry skin especially you have sensitive skin.
The first thing that comes to mind when you think of a snack is something sweet, salty, or crunchy, maybe something purely indulgent. But as most of us have come to realize, snacking is not just about satisfying cravings, but also being healthy.
This is particularly true when it comes to toddlers. Most toddlers do not eat enough at meal times to get their necessary nutrients. Healthy snacks not only prevent toddlers from becoming hungry and cranky, they also provide essential nutrients needed to fulfill their nutritional needs.
Here I am going to cover 3 wholesome snacks for tiny tots.
Cascadian Farm Purely O’s
Both meals and snacks should contain a considerable serving of whole grains. Purely O’s from Cascadian Farm is an organic whole grain oat cereal rich in 11 essential Vitamins and Minerals. It is an excellent source of whole grains, providing at least 16 grams of whole grains per serving. It is made with organic whole grain oat flour, organic whole grain barley flour, and organic wheat starch and is flavored with sea salt. It is also a good source of fiber providing 3 grams per serving (11% of recommended daily value). The tiny O’s are the perfect size for toddlers to pick up and snack on. But, while Purely O’s are a great snack for toddlers, they are very plain and I would not recommend it as your morning cereal.
FruitsFruit is an excellent snack for toddlers.
Not only is it sweet and delicious, but it also provides essential nutrients and fiber. Some easy fruit snacks would include:Sliced bananaBite-sized cantaloupeDiced applesOranges separated into segmentsGrapes quartered. (Be sure to quarter them so they don’t pose a choking hazard)
StonyField Farm YoBaby Yogurt
This is another wonderful snack to tie your toddler over until their next meal. High in protein and rich in calcium, yogurt serves as a nutritious snack that toddlers won’t say no to.Stonyfield Farm’s organic YoBaby yogurt contains DHA, an essential fatty acid required for efficient neuron functioning found in fish oils. It also contains live active cultures to aid in digestion and the absorption of nutrients. It comes in various flavors like vanilla, pear, peach, blueberry, banana, and apple. It also comes in a drinkable version. Toddlers love the different flavors and textures, which come with the added fruit and cereal.These are just three of the many nutritious snacks that can be offered to toddlers.
Here are some important tips to remember when trying to find healthy snacks for your toddler:
Keep snacks low in sugar, high in whole grains and nutrients.
Toddlers are intrigued by colors and are more willing to try a snack that catches their eye. Never offer a toddler foods larger than a dime. Common choking hazards are popcorn, nuts, hard candy, large chunks of any food like meat, whole grapes, and peanut butter ( a spoonful of peanut butter can stick to a child’s throat).
Meat slicers are mainly utilized to make food preparation faster and simpler. Due to a large amount of features, choosing your meat slice can be a -delicate process. Choose the best meat slicer for your needs by reviewing the information on these three slicers.
Simple home Meat Slicer
These are the basic and ideal for home use. They are electric light-duty meat slicer. Electric-eat slicers give a job advantage over traditional manual slicers. The slicer comes with many blades. It is 5 inches in size and provides a maximum of 100 watts of power. The best features of these dicers include: ease of use, cleaning and maintenance. You can adjust the thickness of the slices to your preference. Spare parts for these meat slicers are readily available in most retail locations.
Frequent Operation Meat Slicers
These are for those who require using the meat slicer more often like restaurant. You would require a medium-duty, slicer for this to make your meat slicing chore more efficient while saving you time. These slicers are offered on a variety of blade sizes, different size of motors and the ability to slice to varying degrees of thickness from which you can choose when purchasing your preferred unit. These meat slicers are very cost-effective since they are multi-purpose and can also be used to slice other foods, including but not limited to, fruits, vegetables and cheese.
Specially created meat slicer
Just like it sounds, these are meat slicers that are created for industrial and commercial purposes. For this kind of purpose, you are going to need a bigger, more durable, and more automated meat slicer for the utmost convenience and efficiency. In order to give you the best product for the job which is powerful and has a long life span, these slicers are equipped with a 1/4-horsepower motor. They also come with carbon steel blades of sizes ranging from 8-14 inches. Some of the additional features that you can choose for these kinds of slicers include: built-in sharpener and a retractable carriage which makes the slicing process easier, quicker and more efficient.
While making use of these meat slicers, irrespective of the type, it is crucial to exercise extra caution when operating me slicer and cleaning the blades to prevent prematurely breaking it and to protect yourself from cuts. Here are some general safety guidelines you can take into consideration:
1. Ensure that all the parts of the slicer, including the blade, are in their proper place
2. Position it properly before you start slicing it
3. While the meat is being sliced, never put your hand near or on the blade
4. Unplug the slicer from the socket after use and before cleaning
5. Wear thick, cut-resistant gloves when removing and cleaning the blade to avoid being cut
A meat slicer is a great investment, whether it is for the home, a small business or for commercial use.
Any business owner will tell you that selecting the appropriate furnishings for their new enterprise is a critical endeavor. This rings even more true for cafe owners who need to create an environment that often competes with both large chains and more eclectic attractions. Creating a welcoming atmosphere is paramount to the success of a cafe; after all, customers will often come in with their laptops and spend a good portion of their day typing away or chatting with friends all while partaking of your signature brew. When done right aesthetics should be felt as well as observed. When a business creates a truly visceral atmosphere, it keeps customers coming back. So it is pivotal that furnishings be perfect. Everything from the chairs and tables, to the mugs and other vessels used to serve up your delicious joe, must work together to create a cohesive, welcoming environment.
Peet’s Chestnut Street, San Francisco
An often overlooked, but nonetheless important, accoutrement is the ceiling fan. When hot coffee is being brewed and milk for lattes and cappuccinos is being steamed, your customer will appreciate the welcoming breeze circulated by the fan overhead. And certainly the fan that you select for your cafe will need to mesh with the overall aesthetic of your location. Though it may not seem important to give your ceiling fan more than just a cursory thought, think about the ramifications (and money lost) for choosing the wrong fan. Well, that’s where we come in. Here are some things to consider when purchasing the all-important ceiling fan for your cafe:
Though we’ve repeated this ad nauseam, your furnishings should be cohesive with the overall aesthetic of your cafe. Choosing the best ceiling fans that are complemented your otherwise cozy, eclectic, or modern cafe is key. This means choosing the right style. Will the fan be for an indoor or outdoor space? Do you want the soft glow of a lantern-style fan, or the brighter light provided by a more traditional-style? Are you looking for something more contemporary to fill your space, or is perhaps a more rustic style what you’re after? What about color, blade type, and material? Well, this is starting to feel a little overwhelming. But not to worry there are other considerations that will you help narrow down some of these options.
It may seem obvious, but the size of your ceiling fan must play a role in ultimate selection. The fan needs to fit the space well, but also not draw attention away from the other things you have chose to adorn your walls. Imagine a fan far too small; well one lucky customer may be fortunate to feel a breeze. Now imagine a fan that’s too large. It may feel like you’ve walked into a ceiling fan store and happened to find a coffee shop.
Finally, the performance of a fan needs to be considered. How large is the space? What is the ambient temperature? These are questions you should be asking yourself before you purchase a fan. This could be the difference between leaving your customers sweating, battling gale force winds, or enjoying a gentle sea breeze inside your cafe. And don’t bother shelling out money for some rinky-dink ceiling fan, unless you want to replace it every year. Your cafe’s fan is likely going to be running all day, every day. Do yourself a favor and buy one that will last.
With so many styles to choose from, finding the right ceiling fan for your cafe may not seem like an easy task. But follow these recommendations and the process should be a breeze.
1 Tablespoon flour, for coating the pan
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 cup + 2 Tablespoons granulated sugar
1 teaspoon salt
10 Tablespoons (1 and 1/4 stick) unsalted butter, firm and cold
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
3/4 cup buttermilk, at room temperature*
1 large egg, at room temperature*
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2/3 cup brown sugar
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1. Preheat oven to 350F. Generously spray a 9-inch springform pan* with cooking spray or grease with butter. Sprinkle the bottom of the pan with 1 Tablespoon of flour and tap out the excess.
2. Whisk the flour, sugar, and salt together in a large mixing bowl until combined. Cut in the butter in very small pieces using a pastry knife or mix with a fork until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Set aside 1 cup of the flour mixture.
3. Mix the baking powder and baking soda into the remaining flour mixture. Add the room temperature buttermilk, egg, and vanilla – you may want to do this with a mixer. The batter is very, very thick. Vigorously mix everything together until the batter is smooth, fluffy, and resembles frosting – about 2 full minutes. Spoon the batter into the prepared springform pan, smoothing the top.
4. Add the brown sugar and cinnamon to the reserved flour mixture. Toss with a fork until well blended. Sprinkle the crumbs over the batter, pressingly lightly so they stick. Bake the cake until the center is firm and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean – 50-58 minutes. Mine took 55 minutes. Allow to cool for 10 minutes, then remove the sides of the springform pan and allow cake to cool completely before serving (about 2 hours).
Recipe comes from: americastestkitchen.buysub.com
My review: At first, what attract me to this coffee cake are the bright and pretty colors. I tried this coffee cake in this weekend, it’s so good and the best coffee cake I’ve made for my family. I couldn’t wait 2 hours to cut into it. The difference is I substituted in 1.5 tsps of almond extract, it was amazing! If you would like the make this cake, you must try it!
There are so many ways you can drink coffee, many people like cream and sugar, while others prefer to add butter. New trends are coming around every year! To most people, coffee is consumed everyday, everywhere. It’s one of the most popular drinks around the world, just see the amount of Starbucks locations in the world. 50 percent of Americans get benefit from coffee everyday as it’s amazing for brain and work. Want to find more reasons to smell your first cup of coffee. Here we go!
1. Prevent you from Skin Cancer: Skin cancer is common among women. The data from Nurses’ Health Study and the Health Professionals Follow-up Study show that caffeine can help women prevent skin cancer.
2. Less Stressed: An interesting report from the Seoul National University discovers that the aromas of warm coffee may change the activity of the brain and lower the effects of sleep deprivation.
3. Coffee has been accepted by human more than 1500 years, in some ways, it’s one of the important parts of our daily diet. What attracts me to the coffee most is it makes me feel happy. The study found people drink over 3 cups of coffee have more chance to eliminate fear, despair and depress. It makes you feel good whenever you’re working or finishing your housework.
4. Dr. Chuanhai Cao, who is a neuroscientist at the USF said. “We are not saying that moderate coffee consumption will completely protect people from Alzheimer’s disease. However, we firmly believe that moderate coffee consumption can appreciably reduce your risk of Alzheimer’s or delay its onset.”
5. If you’re a business man, the coffee is a must in the morning. Well, coffee not only keeps you awake, but allows your brain to work more efficient and keeps you sharper. Find more info from CNN .
Broccoli Cheddar Quinoa Bites are best option for afternoon coffee and would be perfect to make for family party. They are easy to make and like little mac and cheese bites. You can prepare quinoa ahead of time. I always make them in a regular size and cook at least 30 minutes.
Yield: 30 to 36 bites
3/4 cup quinoa, rinsed
1 1/2 cups water (or vegetable broth or chicken broth)
2 eggs, lightly beaten
2 cups broccoli florets, finely diced
1 cup yellow onion, finely diced
1 garlic clove, finely minced
1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
1/2 teaspoon paprika
Crushed red pepper (optional) to taste
1. In a medium sauce pan, cook quinoa according to package directions. Let cool.
2. In a large bowl, combine cooled quinoa, eggs, broccoli, onion, garlic, cheese and paprika.
3. Preheat oven to 350° F. Spray mini-muffin tins with cooking spray.
4. Put a heaping tablespoonful of quinoa mixture into prepared muffin cups. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, or until edges turn golden brown. Remove from oven and let cool for 5 minutes and then gently remove from pan to cool completely.
Recipe from Alida’s Kitchen
Did you ever want to create unforgettable and everlasting green memories that those close around you are bound to treasure forever? Every time you grappled with conjuring a meal to impress your family or close friends did you ever ponder over preparing something unique and astounding, something that you hoped would be remembered for creating “all those” good times? You will definitely find a partner in KitchenAid Pro Line. Series 5-Speed Cordless Hand Blender! Look no further! Kitchenain’s blender is one of the most unique additions to your cooking experience. It is especially utilizable in creating those unique, special moments that will be treasured by all around you for quite some time to come. Cooking became an interesting and fascinating experience ever since I began possessing and using the KitchenAid Pro Line. Series 5-Speed Cordless Hand Blender. I have been able to cobble together some amazing food that has been deeply savored by my family.
Have you ever sampled some Indian curry sauce and dreamed of reproducing its unique flavor in your home? Follow this easy recipe to ensure one of the smoothest, creamiest curry sauce that is bound to please the palate of the people closest to you. The unique blend of tomatoes and Indian spices produced with the aid of the KitchenAid stand mixer. Series 5-Speed Cordless Hand Blender recreates this traditional Indian recipe in your home and is bound to be enjoyed by one and all.
Paneer Makhani (Indian cheese and tomato curry sauce):
Tomatoes- ripe, red- 6
Bay leaf seasoning
Cottage cheese- 200 gms
Diary cream- two tablespoons
Ginger garlic paste- 2 tablespoons
Chili powder- 1/2 tablespoon
Garam masala powder- 1/2 tablespoon
1/3 cup dry/crushed fenugreek leaves
2 tablespoons unsalted butter
Salt as needed
Sugar/honey to sweeten as needed
Preparation Time-40-45 minutes
1. Rinse the tomatoes. Chop them into small pieces. Use the KitchenAid Pro Line Series 5-Speed Cordless Hand Blender to blend the tomatoes. Use of this blender ensures a smooth, creamy texture that enables easy preparation of the curry sauce. The hand blender seemed especially suited to quickly prepare this sauce and reduced my cooking and simmering time by 20 minutes. I would recommend this blender to get that exact blend of tomatoes which mix just right well with the spices. Since, the most important part of Indian cooking is the right blend of spices and I was pleasantly surprised and extremely pleased by the potential of the KitchenAid Pro Line Series 5-Speed Cordless Hand Blender. It possesses the ability to deliver the near perfect blend of tomatoes that greatly aid the preparation of the curry sauce.
2. Heat a pan, add the butter and bay leaf seasoning. Roast for half a minute on low flame. Then add gram masala and the ginger garlic paste. Allow to cook for a minute on a low flame.
3. Transfer the tomato blend in the pot and saute until the fat accumulates on the sides of the pan. The blending of the tomatoes in the KitchenAid blender accelerated the separation of the fat off the tomatoes really well for me. This process took about twenty minutes on a medium flame. It is well worth the time and ensures a creamy and delicious sauce.
4. Then add water, the crushed fenugreek leaves and salt and cook for 10 more minutes
5. Cut the cottage cheese into cubes and lightly saute in butter and oil. Add the sauteed cottage cheese to the tomato blend and cook for another five minutes
6. Add the diary cream and cook for another two minutes. Add the sugar/honey to reduce the effect of the spices.
6. The traditional Indian tomato curry sauce can be enjoyed with rice or tortillas. It also tastes great as a starter soup.